An important hub of family and community life in Oakland’s Fruitvale District, this center, located on the campus of Achieve Academy:
- A parent center open to the community that is a gateway to the services at the Hawthorne Family Resource Center. Services include: family workshops, food bank, English as a Second Language classes, and information and referrals.
- An early childhood program open to the community that prepares children and families for kindergarten readiness.
- A comprehensive after school program providing academic support and enrichment activities, such as homework support, music, dance, gardening, recreation and visual arts. The Eagle’s Nest after school program is only available to students of Achieve Academies.
- Mental health services. A multidisciplinary team assesses academic and mental health intervention services for students who experience particular and persistent challenges. Only available to students of Achieve Academies.
- A medical clinic open to the community and operated by La Clinica de La Raza provides basic medical services.