EBAC’s newest family resource center is in Hayward and serves the families in the Hayward Unified School District. Utilizing the model successfully deployed at the family resource centers that EBAC manages for the Oakland and San Leandro Unified School Districts, the program in Hayward will provide the gateway to connect children and their families with health insurance and other social services vital to supporting student health and educational success. EBAC works with district, city, and county personnel as well as other community based organizations to coordinate provision of the following services to families on campuses throughout the school district:
- Healthcare insurance enrollment and retention (Medi-Cal, Healthy Families, Kaiser Health Care Plan)
- Case Management
- Application Assistance: Food Stamps, CalWorks, Social Security, In Home Support Services, etc.
- Information and referrals for child support, child care, housing, mental health services, etc.
- Assistance with school enrollment
- Translation and interpretation
EBAC coordinates these services from the Hayward Hub located at 24823 Soto Road, Hayward, CA 94544