Circle of Care Volunteer Opportunities
Circle of Care offers several types of volunteer opportunities:
The services you will provide to grieving families as a Circle of Care volunteer may be some of the most important work you will ever do. As a volunteer you will help facilitate support groups for children and teens coping with illness and bereavement in their families. Volunteers must make a minimum 14-month commitment to attend twice monthly meetings in order to provide a consistent presence to our group participants.
Prior to beginning in our support groups, prospective volunteer facilitators must complete 24 hours of initial training. This training is both informative and deeply reflective and consists of a wide range of issues including diversity awareness, developmental stages, how children respond to illness and loss, children's play, and how they cultivate coping skills. The training also offers new volunteers an opportunity to explore their own feelings around illness and death. Ongoing support and supervision is provided throughout the volunteer experience via pre and post support group sessions.
Next Training Dates:
- Wednesday January 23rd 5:30pm - 9:30pm
- Saturday January 26th 8:30am - 5:00pm
- Sunday January 27th 8:30am - 5:00pm
- Tuesday January 29th 5:30pm - 9:30pm
Training modules are held two times a year generally in January and August. The module consists of two weekday sessions from 5:30 – 9:30 p.m., and two weekend day sessions from 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Prospective volunteers are required to attend all sessions in full.
Please read Frequently Asked Questions (pdf
) for details about what is required of a volunteer facilitator at Circle of Care. To apply please complete the following form: Online Volunteer Application
If you have a general question about volunteering before submitting your online application you can email us at email@example.com. We suggest that you express your interest early, because volunteer trainings fill up quickly. Informational Volunteer Flyer (pdf)- Please help us spread the word by posting at your place of work, or forwarding to your community.
General Program Support
Circle of Care has need for volunteers to help with general program activities including:
- Administrative Volunteer: Help around the office, organizing, filing, sending letters, short term projects – updating our resource lists, manuals etc..
- Walk to Remember Volunteer (event planning): Our annual awareness and fundraising event is always looking for volunteers to be a part of our WTR leadership team that works together to make this event a success. Walk takes place in May every year.
- Collecting objects/materials for craft projects:
- Multimedia Project Volunteer: Support our outreach on social media, and online by creating postings, articles, and events that help support children and families in the community.
- Outreach Volunteer: Become a Circle of Care ambassador, and go out in the community to talk about our program and connect those in need to our services.
You can also reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or 510-531-7551 x 3195 for general information or if you have any questions. · Thank you for your interest in Circle of Care and we look forward to hearing from you.