East Bay Agency for Children (EBAC) improves the well-being of children, youth and families by reducing the impact of trauma and social inequities and is committed to building a comprehensive, place-based continuum of accessible, trauma-informed and culturally relevant services that build resiliency, aid in recovery and, where possible, prevent exposure to adverse childhood experiences.
Our staff seeks to reduce barriers that contribute to disparities in wellness for socio-economically disadvantaged and racially marginalized families and to create communities where all children and families have supports to reach their full potential.
The Support Specialist will provide senior administrative support to the North Region of SchoolBased Behavioral Health, which provides coordinated school-based mental health services to students and families to enhance academic success and well-being in school sites throughout Oakland and the immediate surrounding areas.
QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCY FACTORS
RESPONSIBILITIES (Those with an asterick are essential responsibilities)
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree preferred. High School diploma or general education degree (GED) accepted with appropriate experience.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to work independently and track multiple deadlines and projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Experience training individuals and small groups in technology systems.
- Demonstrated experience and advanced proficiency with MS Office, electronic health records, other databases
- Ability to drive with valid driver's license, auto insurance, and access to use of an automobile as needed.
- Bilingual (Spanish) a plus
WORKING CONDITIONS and JOB SETTING
- *Serve as regional hub, trainer and trouble-shooter for agency/region technology systems such as Welligent, Relias, MS Office software, etc
- *Support contracts management and compliance: centrally maintain contract deadlines and deliverables, support staff and sites in maintaining contract compliance, audit documentation and systems for contract compliance, write draft contract reports.
- *Coordinate and maintain inventory of staff technology tools and property being used in the program such as computers, phones, projectors, aircards, keys etc
- *Maintain and update program training materials
- *Manage petty cash, process staff reimbursements and mileage for Director review and approval
- *Maintain and regularly communicate to all program staff master calendar of all agency and program deadlines, such as: timecards, MAA time entry, Relias reminders, report due dates, etc
- Maintain inventory of regular program supplies and refresh as needed; order all additional program supplies in coordination with Director
- Support program recruitment efforts
- Support program and region special events
- Provide phone and in-person reception duties, including information and referral to callers. Maintain accurate resource information
- Work from a culturally informed perspective with sensitivity to children, families, and staff.
- Provide administrative support to Director
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 1. Program headquarters is in a multi-story building with stairs that need to be climbed for access to the other floors as needed. Work is primarily in a routine office setting.
- Periodic lifting up to 25 pounds is occasionally required.
- Periodic driving is required.
EBAC offers a uniquely generous time off package and an outstanding benefits package that includes health; chiropractic; dental; voluntary life insurance (for yourself and your family), AD&D and SDT; accident and critical illness coverage (for yourself and family); flexible spending for medical, child care and commuter benefits; 403b retirement program; legal insurance; and, agency paid life insurance and long term disability coverage.
East Bay Agency for Children is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diverse candidates to apply by sending a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
, or by fax to 510-268-0143. Please use the job title as the subject. No phone calls please.