East Bay Agency for Children, also known as EBAC, is looking for a talented and passionate individual with a commitment to social justice to join our incredible team. EBAC's mission - to improve the well-being of children, youth and families by reducing the impact of trauma and social inequities - motivates our amazing staff to create change for our program participants each and every day.
For 5 years EBAC has been named a Top Workplace by the Bay Area News Group, reflecting our supportive and fulfilling work environment. As an EBAC staff member you can enjoy a healthy work/life balance through generous paid time off and excellent benefits. A career with EBAC will make you part of a well-established and respected agency with an inspiring team of people furthering a compelling mission.
The Support Specialist will provide administrative support to the Intensive Counseling Enriched and the Youth Empowerment Services programs of the Intensive Behavior Health Division. These two programs provide comprehensive, intensive and coordinated school and community-based mental health services to school age through transitional-age children/youth and their families to enhance academic and vocational success and emotional and physical well-being throughout Alameda County.
B. QUALIFICATIONS and COMPETENCY FACTORS
C. RESPONSIBILITIES (Those with an asterisk are essential duties.)
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree preferred. High School diploma or general education degree (GED) accepted with appropriate experience.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to work independently and track multiple deadlines and projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills 5. Experience training individuals and small groups in technology systems.
- Demonstrated experience and advanced proficiency with MS Office, electronic health records, other databases
- Ability to drive with valid driver's license, auto insurance, and access to use of an automobile as needed.
- Bilingual (Spanish) a plus
D. WORKING CONDITIONS and JOB SETTING
- *Serve as regional hub, trainer and trouble-shooter for agency/region technology systems such as Welligent, Relias, MS Office software, etc
- *Support contracts management and compliance: centrally maintain contract deadlines and deliverables, support staff and sites in maintaining contract compliance, audit documentation and systems for contract compliance, write draft contract reports.
- *Coordinate and maintain inventory of staff technology tools and property being used in the program such as computers, phones, projectors, air cards, keys, etc
- *Maintain and update program training materials
- *Manage petty cash, process staff reimbursements and mileage for Director review and approval
- *Maintain and regularly communicate to all program staff master calendar of all agency and program deadlines, such as: timecards, MAA time entry, Relias reminders, report due dates, etc
- Maintain inventory of regular program supplies and refresh as needed; order all additional program supplies in coordination with Director
- Support program recruitment efforts
- Support program and region special events
- Provide phone and in-person reception duties, including information and referral to callers. Maintain accurate resource information
- Work from a culturally informed perspective with sensitivity to children, families, and staff.
- Provide administrative support to Intensive Behavioral Health Services Senior Director
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Work is primarily in a routine office setting.
- Program headquarters is in a multi-story building with stairs that need to be climbed for access to the other floors as needed.
- Periodic lifting up to 25 pounds is occasionally required.
- Periodic driving is required.
EBAC offers a uniquely generous time off package and an outstanding benefits package that includes health; chiropractic; dental; voluntary life insurance (for yourself and your family), AD&D and SDT; accident and critical illness coverage (for yourself and family); flexible spending for medical, child care and commuter benefits; 403b retirement program; legal insurance; and, agency paid life insurance and long term disability coverage.
East Bay Agency for Children is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diverse candidates to apply by sending a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
, or by fax to 510-268-0143. Please use the job title as the subject. No phone calls please.