East Bay Agency for Children (EBAC) improves the well-being of children, youth and families by reducing the impact of trauma and social inequities and is committed to building a comprehensive, place-based continuum of accessible, trauma-informed and culturally relevant services that build resiliency, aid in recovery and, where possible, prevent exposure to adverse childhood experiences.
Our staff seeks to reduce barriers that contribute to disparities in wellness for socio-economically disadvantaged and racially marginalized families and to create communities where all children and families have supports to reach their full potential.
Provide individual, group, and family therapy (as needed) to elementary school level children; collaborate with educational staff; perform intake evaluations, which include forming diagnostic formulations; provide case management, treatment planning, and therapeutic interventions for children as a member of the multi-disciplinary treatment team. This is a 20 hour per week position.
QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCY FACTORS
- MSW or MFT (license preferred), or appropriate masters degree and license eligible.
- At least one year experience in individual therapy, group, and family.
- Therapy with youths.
- Able to keep clear, complete records and clinical charts.
- Able to work cooperatively in a multi-disciplinary team setting.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required.
WORKING CONDITIONS and JOB SETTING
- Conduct individual and group therapy with youths at the assigned school.
- Maintain regular contacts with parents and family members so they would be more involved with the program.
- Manage intake and discharge process. Confer with community agencies regarding school placement, collaborative casework and other ancillary services as needed.
- Present case material and case summary reports for case conferences, and supervision. Maintain clinical charts, write treatment plans, other reports as required and complete all paperwork requirements in a timely manner.
- Comply with all Utilization Review (UR) requirements and attend UR as needed.
- Attend staff case conferences, staff meetings, and participate in trainings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Work is primarily in an office at a high school.
- Periodic lifting up to 25 pounds is required.
EBAC offers a uniquely generous time off package and an outstanding benefits package that includes health; chiropractic; dental; voluntary life insurance (for yourself and your family), AD&D and SDT; accident and critical illness coverage (for yourself and family); flexible spending for medical, child care and commuter benefits; 403b retirement program; legal insurance; and, agency paid life insurance and long term disability coverage.
East Bay Agency for Children is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diverse candidates to apply by sending a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
, or by fax to 510-268-0143. Please use the job title as the subject. No phone calls please.