EBAC improves the well-being of children, youth and families by reducing the impact of trauma and social inequities and is committed to building a comprehensive, place-based continuum of accessible, trauma-informed and culturally relevant services that build resiliency, aid in recovery and, where possible, prevent exposure to adverse childhood experiences.
Our staff seeks to reduce barriers that contribute to disparities in wellness for socio-economically disadvantaged and racially marginalized families and to create communities where all children and families have supports to reach their full potential.
The Clinical Supervisor supervises Circle of Care, Grief & Loss practicum internship trainees providing individual, family counseling and support groups for children and adults who are coping with illness and bereavement. Arranges, provides and facilitates grief related didactic trainings. Manages clinical files through EHR system, and oversees dissemination of cases loads to trainees. Oversees and is responsible for successful implementation of grant deliverables for National Alliance for Grieving Children funding. Services are provided at school based and grief clinic based setting.
B. QUALIFICATIONS and COMPETENCY FACTORS
C. RESPONSIBILITIES (Those with an asterisk are essential duties.)
- LCSW (preferred) or MFT clinical license with a master’s degree in counseling, social work or psychology.
- Four years experience in individual and group psychotherapy with children and families; two years post licensing experience
- Three years supervisory and training experience with child and family clinical therapy.
- Able to keep clear, complete records and charts. 5. Experience working with children and families coping with illness or bereavement.
- Able to work cooperatively and independently in a multidisciplinary setting.
- Language skills that include the ability to read, analyze, and interpret reports and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquires or complaints from parents or agencies. Ability to write that conforms to prescribed style and format. Ability to present information to top management, public groups, or boards of directors.
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills.
- Experience and ability in working with diverse populations and high level of cultural competency/humility.
- Basic computer competency and familiarity with EHR database systems. Knowledge of Welligent EHR a plus.
- Ability to drive with valid driver's license, auto insurance, and access to use of an automobile as needed.
D. WORKING CONDITIONS and JOB SETTING
- *Provides individual clinical supervision, and crisis consultation to practicum trainees.
- *Supervises clinical services (individual counseling, family counseling, support groups for adults and children) delivered in school-based, grief clinic setting and community settings
- *Plans, coordinates and facilitates illness, grief and bereavement didactic training components of practicum internship. (1-2 trainings per month.)
- Trains and supports interns in charting procedures, CANS assessments, treatment planning, and discharges of all children and families receiving counseling services
- Coordinates the referral, case assignments and tracks progress.
- *Oversees all clinical records, and insures their compliance.
- Provides student/intern evaluation information to EBAC Clinical Practicum Coordinator
- Conducts intakes with families as needed.
- Maintains regular contact with Support Group Program Coordinator overseeing the volunteers and provides clinical consultation as needed.
- Attends EBAC and community based meetings as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Work is in varied school locations in East and West Oakland.
- Routine driving required.
- Work is located in a multi-story building with stairs that need to be climbed for access.
- May need to use child-size chairs for sitting.
- Periodic lifting up to 25 pounds is required.
East Bay Agency for Children is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diverse candidates to apply by sending a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
, or by fax to 510-268-0143. Please use the job title as the subject. No phone calls please.