Our staff seeks to reduce barriers that contribute to disparities in wellness for socio-economically disadvantaged and racially marginalized families and to create communities where all children and families have supports to reach their full potential.
This position carries a caseload of children and families, provides daily milieu therapy, group therapy, individual therapy, play therapy and case management services; completes all relevant documentation, including clinical assessments and treatment plans, crisis intervention plans, CPS reports, weekly notes, and discharge summaries; facilitates regular family conferences; conducts in-services on mental health issues; assist in the milieu.
C. RESPONSIBILITIES (Those with an asterisk are essential duties.)
- Social Worker or MFT (license preferred), with appropriate Master’s degree or MFT Intern or Associate Social Worker with intern number from Board of Behavioral Sciences.
- Two years or more experience in individual child psychotherapy, group and family therapy. Experience with early childhood population preferred.
- Previous experience in day-treatment or other milieu therapy setting and/or preschool environment. • Able to keep clear, complete records and clinical charts.
- Able to work cooperatively in a multi-disciplinary team setting as well as provide strong leadership to the team.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required.
D. WORKING CONDITIONS and JOB SETTING
- *Conduct individual play therapy with children enrolled in the program. Participate in daily clinical milieu activities providing support and guidance to the clinical team, as per regular consultations with Program Director/Clinical Coordinator.
- *Provide family therapy. Meet with parents and family members regularly and maintain parental and family involvement in program (via parent support groups and/or psycho-educational groups and/or outings, etc.)
- Present case material and case summary reports for case conferences, supervision, and treatment team meetings. Consult with milieu staff on individual children's progress.
- *Maintain clinical charts, write treatment plans, other reports as required and complete all paperwork requirements in a timely manner. Responsible for all CPS reporting and act as main consultant for staff and liaison with CPS.
- *Provide classroom observations and consultation with the milieu staff regarding clinical issues including documentation and provide direct service in the milieu.
- *Comply with all Utilization Review (UR) requirements and attend UR as needed.
- Coordinate and facilitate case conferences and staff in-service trainings regarding various mental health issues.
- *Participate in overall program development as member of treatment team.
- Other duties as assigned.
EBAC offers a uniquely generous time off package and an outstanding benefits package that includes health; chiropractic; dental; voluntary life insurance (for yourself and your family), AD&D and SDT; accident and critical illness coverage (for yourself and family); flexible spending for medical, child care and commuter benefits; 403b retirement program; legal insurance; and, agency paid life insurance and long term disability coverage.
- Work requires daily traveling between classroom sites and may be performed in classroom or office on diverse school campus settings.
- Work is directly with children who struggle with moderate to severe behavioral challenges, can at times become aggressive; therefore, full mobility is required for standing walking, sitting, using hands, climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and crawling.
- Must be able to complete certification in crisis prevention interventions including de-escalating trauma-informed verbal interventions and physical holds as a last resort to prevent physical harm or injury to children in care.
- Must complete certification in non-violent crisis intervention as provided by Crisis Prevention Institute, Inc.
- Noise levels may be high at times. • Periodic lifting up to 25 pounds is required.
East Bay Agency for Children is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diverse candidates to apply by sending a cover letter and resume to email@example.com, or by fax to 510-268-0143. Please use the job title as the subject. No phone calls please.