Our staff seeks to reduce barriers that contribute to disparities in wellness for socio-economically disadvantaged and racially marginalized families and to create communities where all children and families have supports to reach their full potential.
The Administrative Assistant supports the EBAC Practicum Program and other program managers, as needed: data entry, file maintenance, meeting coordination, orientation materials maintenance, internal/external reporting, office and additional clerical support as needed. .
QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCY FACTORS
- A.A. required, B.A in business or related field preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of five years experience at an executive level and two years working with a Board of Directors preferred.
- Minimum of two years experience working in an office preferred.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite, to include: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, etc.
- Ability to write, read, analyze and interpret financial reports, contracts and legal documents.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present information to senior management and Board of Directors.
- Excellent attention to detail, accuracy and quality.
- Ability to work successfully in a team environment, as well as independently; while multi-tasking and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries, document requests or complaints from employees or others; while maintaining confidentiality.
- Ability to drive with valid driver’s license, auto insurance and access to use of an automobile as needed.
WORKING CONDITIONS and JOB SETTING
- Provides senior level administrative support to the CEO in scheduling complex meetings, document production/tracking.
- Prepares materials for Board Meeting Packets and maintains tracking of submissions for events, and other reports as needed.
- Manage supplies and refreshments for Board Meetings; to include the purchasing, preparation and display.
- Attend Board and Committee Meetings to take minutes and transcribes same for CEO approval and Board President’s signature.
- Ensures that new Board Member packets and orientation documents are executed fully upon election to Board and that annual documents are maintained according to by-laws and governance requirements. Maintain Board Intranet and document archives.
- Provides general office support to senior level staff to include document generation, copying, scheduling of meetings, etc.
- Provide clerical/administrative support to Practicum Program Coordinator.
- Act as liaison between HR and Practicum Program to coordinate onboarding and off-boarding of interns.
- Maintain adequate office supply levels for department essentials. Special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.
EBAC offers a uniquely generous time off package and an outstanding benefits package that includes health; chiropractic; dental; voluntary life insurance (for yourself and your family), AD&D and SDT; accident and critical illness coverage (for yourself and family); flexible spending for medical, child care and commuter benefits; 403b retirement program; legal insurance; and, agency paid life insurance and long term disability coverage.
- Agency headquarters is in a multi-story building with stairs that need to be climbed for access for meetings, use of fax/copy machines.
- Board meetings are held in various work locations with different settings.
- Driving and access to a car is required.
- Periodic lifting up to 30 pounds is required.
East Bay Agency for Children is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diverse candidates to apply by sending a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by fax to 510-268-0143. Please use the job title as the subject. No phone calls please.