Our staff seeks to reduce barriers that contribute to disparities in wellness for socio-economically disadvantaged and racially marginalized families and to create communities where all children and families have supports to reach their full potential.
B. QUALIFICATIONS and COMPETENCY FACTORS:
- College degree in the field of psychology, counseling psychology, sociology, or social work and the required number of years of experience as listed below relative to the degrees; and, 12 units of Early Childhood Education. Baccalaureate Degree + 2 years full-time experience in a mental health setting.
- Previous experience in milieu treatment or classroom education setting highly desirable.
- Ability to work with a multi-disciplinary team.
- Skills in arts, crafts, music, sports, and games highly desirable.
- Ability to drive pre-school students in a minivan type vehicle and provide a clean DMV report and pass the California Child Care Licensing background check requirements.
- Assist children in the management of disruptive, assaultive, and out of control behavior. Provide crisis intervention utilizing multiple therapeutic behavior interventions, including the use of physical restraint.
- Help children manage program transitions; including to and from buses is applicable.
- Cooperate with teaching staff while supporting their activities in the classroom.
- Carry out specialized group and individual activities with children.
- Record progress notes and other charting requirements as necessary in a timely manner.
- Participate in staff meetings; trainings; and treatment planning and clinical reviews.
- Consult with Program Director, Clinicians, and classroom staff on individual children’s progress.
- Participate in overall program development as member of treatment team.
- Maintain program supplies as appropriate to specialized projects such as Shop, Expressive Arts and Skills groups.
- Periodic driving of pre-school students to and from pre-school in a min-van size van. (Note: some positions may require daily driving)
- Other duties as assigned.
- Work and Program Headquarters are in multi-story buildings with stairs that need to be climbed for access to the upper/lower floors.
- Work is primarily in office, classroom, and an enclosed outdoor play yard setting.
- Because work is directly with SED pre-school children who can at times become aggressive; full mobility is required for standing, walking, sitting, using hands, climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and crawling.
- Must complete certification in non-violent crisis intervention as provided by Crisis Prevention Institute, Inc.
- Incumbents need to also talk, hear, taste, and smell.
- May need child-size chairs for sitting
- Regular driving may be required.
- Periodic lifting up to 50 pounds is required.
- Noise levels may at times be high, except during nap times.
East Bay Agency for Children is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diverse candidates to apply by sending a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by fax to 510-268-0143. Please use the job title as the subject. No phone calls please.