EBAC improves the well-being of children, youth and families by reducing the impact of trauma and social inequities and is committed to building a comprehensive, place-based continuum of accessible, trauma-informed and culturally relevant services that build resiliency, aid in recovery and, where possible, prevent exposure to adverse childhood experiences.
Our staff seeks to reduce barriers that contribute to disparities in wellness for socio-economically disadvantaged and racially marginalized families and to create communities where all children and families have supports to reach their full potential.
The EBAC DEBAC Development Specialist/Grant Writer supports the EBAC Development Institutional Funding Team and reports to the Associate Director of Development.
B. QUALIFICATIONS and COMPETENCY FACTORS
- Experience in nonprofit setting or industry related to EBAC;
- Minimum three years of increasing nonprofit institution funding, including private and public grant writing and research experience;
- Excellent writing and editing skills including proficiency with track changes and comments features;
- Strong clear verbal and oral communication skills;
- Strong time management skills, detail oriented, and ability to work on multiple projects at one time;
- Willingness to accept constructive support and criticism;
- Budget preparation experience;
- Proficient at an intermediate level with Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel software;
- Strong experience with development databases (preferably FoundationSearch) and other resources
D. WORKING CONDITIONS and JOB SETTING
- Develops and supports EBAC’s Institutional Funding portfolio of foundation, city, county, state, federal and corporate grant writing, proposals and reporting; tailors proposals and reports to fit and comply with submission requirements; prepares and submits completed required attachments;
- Coordinates institutional funding research, identifies funding opportunities, obtains guidelines, maintains data and information, generates research reports;
- Maintains funder files on hard drive, hard copy files;
- Maintains active contact and relationships with EBAC Program Directors, Program Coordinators and their Senior Directors; school partners, collaborating CBO’s, government entities and foundation representatives;
- Ability to function as a team member in determining proposal writing, funding reporting and maintenance schedules and in communicating these in a timely manner with development staff, Program Directors, finance department and funding partners; meets department and funder deadlines;
- Self-starter; ability to work with minimal supervision, works as a team member.
- Commitment to and knowledge of issues related to EBAC’s mission and services including complex trauma, resiliency, public education, afterschool programs, children and family physical and/or mental health;
- Assists with the execution of contracts; and
- Attends Bidders’ RFP meetings and assesses for new funding opportunities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Agency headquarters is in a four-story building with stairs that need to be climbed for multi-level access for meetings, use of fax/copy machines.
- Regular computer use
- Periodic driving is required.
- Periodic lifting up to 25 pounds is required.
EBAC offers a uniquely generous time off package and an outstanding benefits package that includes health; chiropractic; dental; voluntary life insurance (for yourself and your family), AD&D and SDT; accident and critical illness coverage (for yourself and family); flexible spending for medical, child care and commuter benefits; 403b retirement program; legal insurance; and, agency paid life insurance and long term disability coverage.
East Bay Agency for Children is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diverse candidates to apply. Please submit your resume, a cover letter, two proposals or writing samples and a list of three references to Claudia Vierra Allen, Associate Director of Development, at firstname.lastname@example.org
, or by fax to 510-268-0143. Please use the job title as the subject. No phone calls please. Applications will be accepted until February 6, 2017.